Clinical Pharmacology Trial Unit
The CPTU in Huddinge has more than 30 years’ experience of planning and conducting clinical trials in phase 1-2, both investigator-initiated and industry sponsored. We work in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP) and emphasize subject safety and quality. Our physicians and research nurses/study-coordinators have an extensive experience of Clinical trials. Resident physicians are trained at the unit.
The CPTU is a small, well organized and flexible trial unit. The staff is highly skilled, competent and passionate about high-quality trials. We conduct out-patient trials and trials with up to five simultaneous in-patients.
The CPTU is authorized by the Medical Products Agency to conduct clinical trials where a drug for the first time is given to human subjects, so called first-in-human (FiH) trials. We also provide Clinical Pharmacology services regarding clinical trial design and pharmacokinetics.
Services provided by the CPTU include:
- Trial design
- Drug metabolic and interaction trials
- Firtst-in-human trials
- Exploratory efficacy trials
- Pharmacokinetic trials
- Pharmacogenetic trials
- Pharmacokinetic analyses and modelling
- Dosing advice in early phase trials
- Medical monitoring
- Bioanalytical services
Studies are performed in collaboration with academic research groups and/or pharmaceutical companies. We prefer to be engaged early in the project in order to contribute to the development of a protocol that facilitates smooth and efficient conduct of the trial.
Our services can contribute to the succes of your clinical research project.
Contact information (week days 08 am to 4:30 pm):
- Staffan Rosenborg, MD, PhD, Head of the CPTU, Phone +46-8-585 810 48
- Olof Breuer, MD, PhD, specialist physician/pharmacometrician,
Phone +46-8-585 82937
- Karin Nordin, Research Nurse, Phone: +46-8-585 810 72
- Lena Lidbeck Edmark, Research Nurse, Phone: +46-8-585 872 99
- Lisbeth Johansson, Research Nurse, Phone: +46-8-585 810 91
- E-mail CPTU