The Conference on Ultra-Early Intervention
The Conference on Ultra-Early Intervention is a scientific conference on Infant and Family Centered Developmental Care (IFCDC) organized by Karolinska NIDCAP Training and Research Center in collaboration with Region Skåne.
The Virtual 2020 Stockholm Conference on Ultra-Early Intervention:
EFCNI standards for Infant- & Family-Centred Developmental Care (IFCDC)
as a tool for addressing the challenge of inequality in a European and Global perspective
Webinar / Video-conference via Zoom conference, free of charge, March 19th 2020
Thank you all who participated with wonderful presentations, with sponsorship, with practical preparations and support and all who participated in the webinar, making this a great success.
340 people registered, from 42 different countries from every corner of the world. We ended up being at most for a given moment 130 people from at least 32 different countries!
The Virtual Stockholm Conference on Ultra Early Intervention 2020
EFCNI standards for Infant- & Family-Centred Developmental Care (IFCDC) as a tool for addressing the challenge of inequality in a European and Global perspective. Video-conference, March 19th 2020
- 00:00 Welcome address and practical information (Stina Klemming)
- 00:06 European Standards of Care for Newborn Health. Presentation of the greater project: methodology, presentation format (Silke Mader)
- 01:02 Zero separation/Family access - Couplet Care (Björn Westrup)
- 01:34 NICU-design, Supportive sensory environment (Pierre Kuhn)
- 02:08 Family supportive services and Parental involvement (Mandy Daly)
- 02:52 Case management (Siri Lilliesköld)
- 03:17 Clinical consultation and supervision for healthcare professionals on supporting families (Sari Ahlqvist-Björkroth)
- 03:57 Training video for immediate KMC in iKMC-Study (Karolinska team)
- 04:17 Education and training in IFCDC (Inga Warren)
- 05:00 Bonding and attachment related to skin to skin contact (Rosario Montirosso)
- 05:54 Hungarian perspective: a NICU patient experience can initiate changes (Livia Nagy)
- 06:21 Implementation of IFCDC in a Greenfield single-family room quaternary hospital in Qatar (Charlotte Tscherning, previously Casper)
- 06:42 US Standards, Competencies and Recommended Best Practices for IFCDC in the Intensive Care Unit [The Gravens' standards] (Joy Browne)
- 07:24 Closing remarks. Adjournment - Welcome back next year! (Stina Klemming)
Does SSC started immediately after birth and continued until stabilization and beyond for preterm infants improve survival and reduce morbidity?
The iKMC – Immediate Kangaroo Mother Care
Study in Malawi, Tanzania, Nigeria, Ghana, India (n=4400). Initiated by The Karolinska team, run by The WHO and funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
IPISTOSS - Immediate Parent Infant Skin TO Skin Study
- in Karolinska, Sweden and Stavanger, Norway (n=150).