International Degree

Working at Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset if you have an international degree.

In Sweden there are 21 regulated health care professions that require a licence to practice. The license is issued by Socialstyrelsen (i.e. The National Board of Health and Welfare). Among these professions are Doctor of medicine and Nurse responsible for general care. If you hold a non-Swedish diploma you need to apply for a licence to practice with Socialstyrelsen.

The working language at Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset is Swedish at the minimum level of B2 (according to CEFR Level Scale).

Non-Swedish residents are required to have a valid residence permit (EU citizens) /work- and residence permit (non EU citizens).

Read more