Board of Directors
The board of directors for Karolinska University Hospital is responsible for the hospital’s organization and management of its affairs. It supports hospital administration efforts to develop operations. At the same time, the varied professional backgrounds of the directors provide important expertise to the board.
- Anders Ekblom, associate Professor, former CEO at AstraZeneca, President, chairman.
- Catarina Andersson Forsman, Director General, Medical Products Agency.
- Anette Holm, former IT director at City of Stockholm.
- Mikael Lövgren, Partner, Bridgepoint Capital.
- Siv Svensson, MBA, member of several boards.
- Henrik Gaunitz, Vice president at LISAB.
- Liv Andersson, appointed by the Swedish Association of Health Professionals.
- Yvonne Dellmark, appointed by the Swedish Medical Association.
- Rune Engleskär, appointed by the Swedish Municipal Workers' Union.
- Eva Thimgren Varenius, appointed by the Swedish Confederation of Professional Associations.
Karolinska management team representatives
- Melvin Samsom, Chief Executive Officer.
- Gunnar Gustafsson Wiss, Director of Administration, Secretary of the Board.