Board of Directors
The board of directors for Karolinska University Hospital is responsible for the hospital’s organization and management of its affairs. It supports hospital administration efforts to develop operations. At the same time, the varied professional backgrounds of the directors provide important expertise to the board.
- Håkan Sörman, Chairman, former Director, Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions
- Eva Fernvall, vice Chairman, former chairman, the Swedish Association of Health Professionals
- Håkan Nilsson, Director of Finance MTR Nordic
- Kjell Asplund, former Director General the National Board of Health and Welfare
- Karin Eliasson, assignments as senior advicer and board member
- Kia Orback Pettersson, chairman and member of several boards
- Eva-Lotta Löwstedt Lundell, Director, SKL Kommentus
- Emma Jonsson, appointed by the Swedish Association of Health Professionals.
- Yvonne Dellmark, appointed by the Swedish Medical Association.
- Rune Engleskär, appointed by the Swedish Municipal Workers' Union.
Karolinska management team representatives
- Björn Zoëga, Chief Executive Officer, CEO
- Annika Tibell, Deputy CEO
- Mats Wallin, Acting Director of Finance
- Gunnar Gustafsson Wiss, Director of Administration, Secretary of the Board.