Digital decision support for EEG, objectives and functionality of the Product
Our goal is to develop, clinically validate and implement a Product based on AI algorithms, in collaboration with the contracted Supplier, to use as clinical decision support for EEG interpretations. The objective is to improve quality, diagnostic accuracy and efficiency. The product will be used in intensive care departments (ICU) in Region Stockholm. Continuous assessment of brain function is of great importance in the assessment and treatment of patients in ICU.
The product to be developed should, given a continuous flow of EEG registrations, be able to do at least the following:
- Detect the following EEG patterns: Epileptic activity including ictal and interictal activity. If possible other types of patterns such as physiological and non-physiological activity, according to Hirsch et al 2013.
- Summarize the classification of EEG patterns: Timing, Duration, Frequency
- Deliver results in the form of standard EDF files.
- Be integrated on different standard platforms such as Windows, Unix and Linux.
Furthermore, the Client has further requests for functionalities of the product, which have been identified based on existing clinical needs. Development of these functionalities, and possibly other functionalities proposed by the supplier, shall be agreed between the client and the supplier according to the attached agreement, and may include the following:
- The product may allow changes in the clinical definitions of attributes.
- The product can summarize underlying EEG curves and present findings used in clinical and teaching rounds.
- The product can analyze in real time and alarm for seizure activity through a suitable monitoring system
- The product can deliver results to medical records such as Cosmic and TakeCare
- The product can predict ictal-activity
In addition, the client wishes to keep open for further development of functionalities based on perceptions of future potential needs and clinical benefit in the area. Development of these functionalities, and possibly other functionalities proposed by the supplier, shall be agreed between the client and the supplier according to the attached agreement, and may include the following:
- Decision support based on integrated clinical data (EEG, medical images, physiological data, etc.) and journal data.
For more information follow the links the boc below. In case there are un-clarities w r t the published procurement documents, there is an additional opportunity to set up meetings during the week 8th-12th of July. Please contact Peter Losman, procurement officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dead-line for submission is 30st of August.