Working at Karolinska

If you have an international degree, you need to apply for a license to practice.

In Sweden there are 21 regulated health care professions that require a license to practice. The license is issued by Socialstyrelsen (The National Board of Health and Welfare). Among these professions are Doctors of medicine and Nurses responsible for general care.

If you hold a non-Swedish diploma, you need to apply for a license to practice from Socialstyrelsen.

The working language at Karolinska University Hospital is Swedish at the minimum level of C1 (according to CEFR Level Scale).

Non-Swedish residents are required to have a valid residence permit (EU citizens) /work- and residence permit (non EU citizens).

Information about an international degree