Care at a distance – Telemedicine
Telemedicine is one of the focus areas for the innovation work at Karolinska University Hospital.
Telemedicine – care at a distance
We develop solutions for care at a distance, together with external partners. Watch a video about telemedicine at Karolinska University Hospital:
- Videovisits – simple and secure (video)
Consultative Neurology (Parkinson)
An innovative referral system based on video calls between local doctors and Parkinson's specialists has helped cut waiting times for advanced treatment from six weeks to just one week – a major development in a nation with a critical shortage of neurologists.
- Consultative Neurology (video)
- Telemedicine: how Sweden is reducing waiting times for Parkinson's treatment (Parkinson's life)
- Video links cut Parkinson's waiting times (Euronews)
- Video: Interview with Kristina Groth at IndustryForum Healthcare 2017
Kristina Groth, Responsible for Telemedicine Development
MoPhone: +46 (0) 70 085 66 64
E-mail: Kristina Groth